We have recently been looking at increasing our inventory of Gaming Laptops. While doing some research, I asked one Gamer what type or brand of gaming laptop or computer he would want if money were no option.
He told me that often Gamers are a pretty techie group and would probably prefer a customized gaming computer to a stock computer. This conversation got me thinking about what gamers really would like in a computer.
I then went on to several Google+ Computer Gaming Communities and asked them if there a specific gaming computer that would be their”dream machine?”. Within minutes a list of suggestions for gamer dream computers was developing.
Two of the Google+ threads are:
Gamer Dream Computers
- MattCamMans recommended Intel I7, 32GB Ram, 2 Nvidia Titans and thens added 4 titans. With a bige enough board 16 to far?
- Barney Richardson said Zx81 ..which I believe is a vintage gaming computer
- CharlieBarber said Gtx TITAN. 32GB RAM. Watercooled. 3TB SSD. (Water cooled sounds uhh..cool)
- Jorge Alejandro Rodríguez is happy as long as the game he is playing displays well, because he doesn’t play Computer games for the graphics, but rather for the variety and the maturity of the gaming audience.
- Aiko Natsuki says it all depends upon the gamer. Which games and applications each gamer likes to play.
- Hisham Safwat just wants top notch specs so he can game at ease.
- Scott Hill had suggested 8 core AMD Black, 2 R9s, 32GB GSKILL PC3-17000 RAM, 920GB PCIe SSD, 1200W Corsair modular power supply, Corsair or Antec case, plenty of air or water cooling (depends on the user). The rest is all fluff…That would be it. That’s just the PC though, we haven’t even dabbled in the displays yet!
- Corey Shaughnessy likes 15 GTX Titans in crossfire. 7 4k monitors in eyefinity. 512mb of 2800Mhz RAM. 2 i7 CPUs on a Biostar micro-ATX mobo. Some sort of HID.
- Haydn Jeffries believes You can only build your dream PC yourself in essence.
- Peter Green had a pretty detailed comment..he said I guess if money was no object, I’d love something like this:- Corsair 900D
- Asus Maximus VI Extreme
- Intel Core i7 4770K
- 32GB memory (anything on the mobo’s qualified vendors list)
- 4x NVidia GeForce GTX Titan (quad SLI)
- 2x 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSDs (possibly configured in RAID0)
- 4x 4TB WD Caviar Black HDDs (RAID 10)
- 1x or 2x Corsair AX1200i (might need two depending on power requirements)
- Custom water cooling loop
- Either a nice big 4k display, or 3x 144Hz 1080p panels… I can’t quite decide!!!
- Eric Yang would love..4770k i7, 64 gb ram, and 4 780ti’s.
Probably 4 1tb ssd’s
Some fancy sound card
Lots of really good suggestions out there from true gamers. I myself am prone to go with Haydin, and believe that you can’t really ever get your dream machine because, once you do, something bigger and faster will be out on the market.
Our Gaming Laptops
Currently VaultSpring doesn’t carry gaming desktops, but has more than a few laptops that can be classified as gaming laptops which would more than satisfy the needs of most gamers. The top three gaming laptops we have for lease are:
These three gaming laptops may not be water cooled as several of the gamers above mentioned ,but they will deliver years of gaming fun for all sorts of online gaming and have the ability to make you a mobile gamer.